We are not responsible for the privacy of any information you reveal or post in any public form (e.g. message board, blog, group, etc.) available on our Website, or for the privacy practices of third parties or third party websites, even if those other websites are accessed from this Website.
This policy sets out:
- the information that we collect;
- how we collect information;
- the reasons we collect information;
- how we use information;
- how we disclose information;
- opting in and out;
- management and security;
- how to seek access to and update your personal information; and
- contact details.
The information that we collect:
We collect personal information in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our goods and services and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Personally Identifiable Information
You do not have to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information to visit our Website. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to visit or use all sections of our Website.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
From time to time, we also may collect information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (like age, profession or gender) ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information"). Non-Personally Identifiable Information may also include user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help us understand who uses our Website and to improve and market our Website in general and our Online Products in particular. This information may be collected using via tracking technologies such as tracking cookies. Cookies allow your browser to utilise some of the features of our sites. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. If you reject cookies you will be unable to take advantage of some of the features of our websites.
Information from Other Sources
We may also supplement the information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in
evaluating and improving our Website, to determine your preferences so that we can tailor our Website to your needs, and/or to use in the study of other aspects of our business.
How we collect information:
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including from you, advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners.
We may collect your personal information when you request or acquire a product or service from us, register with us as a subscriber or member, provide a product or service to us, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or event, contribute in a fundraising event, participate in our services (including blogs and forums) or when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you us to make a complaint or provide feedback).
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person's consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
The reasons we collect information:
The primary reason that we collect information about you is to provide you with products and services you have requested but also the management of business transactions entered into with us and the administration of any accounts you have with us. We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members or subscribers only.
How we use information:
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- to provide you with news and information about our products and services, and opportunities that we believe you may be interested in;
- for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to conduct competitions or promotions;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including without limitation the Privacy Act).
How we disclose information:
We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as newsagents, processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to
- the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Opting in or out:
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to "opt in" to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information other than in accordance with this policy or any applicable law. For example, you may be asked to opt-in to receive further information or communications from our advertisers and supporters.
You will generally be given the opportunity to "opt out" from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with this policy. For example, you will be given the option to unsubscribe to emails or newsletters sent by us.
Management and security:
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act.
Other than in relation to Non-Confidential Information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, pass word access, secure servers and encryption.
However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third party/ies may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
Accessing and updating your information and how to contact us:
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access however we will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
Subscribers or members of our websites will generally be able to access and update their membership and contact details online.
We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can contact the department that collected your personal information in the first instance, or write to:
The Privacy Officer
Creata Direct Pty Limited
Unit 6, 3 Central Avenue
Thornleigh, NSW 2120
Phone: (02) 9847 4900